LinkedIn is the leading social networking platform for finding leads and clients, networking with industry professionals, recruiting workers, or finding employment. The free version of LinkedIn has much to offer, but LinkedIn premium can help you take your business or career to the next level.
There are only so many features in a free LinkedIn account, which is why many users switch to LinkedIn Premium. But is LinkedIn premium worth it? In this guide, we will slice and dice LinkedIn’s premium version so that you can make an informed decision on whether or not it’s worth it for you.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the details of a LinkedIn Premium account.
What Is LinkedIn Premium?
You can create a free LinkedIn account as a professional or student to take advantage of the features and perks of a basic version. But, you may soon discover the restrictions of a free account and want to consider upgrading to a premium account. A premium account allows you to get around those constraints and access more features, benefits, and opportunities.
This leads us to the next natural question – how much does LinkedIn Premium cost? Well, the cost of LinkedIn premium depends on what plan you want to choose. The price can range from $29.99 to $59.95 per month for individuals seeking employment. It can go up to $79.99 a month for sales professionals. And for recruiters, it can rise up to $119.95 per month.
The good news is that you will get some discount on your premium plan if you pick annual billing. It’s a good idea to sign up for the free trial to test the waters and see if a premium account works for you. You have complete freedom to cancel your subscription at any moment.
Why Use LinkedIn Premium?
LinkedIn premium comes loaded with powerful features to help you achieve your objectives and grow your career or business.
Let’s look at some of the LinkedIn Premium benefits:
- A premium account gets your profile more exposure. Employers notice premium profiles because they make you appear more genuine and trustworthy.
- Higher exposure will increase your chances of landing a job or finding a lead if you’re a job seeker or sales professional.
- You can use the InMail option to contact business leaders and form connections directly.
- Get access to premium information on job postings otherwise unavailable in a basic LinkedIn account.
- A premium account allows you to expand your network, boosting business opportunities or sales.
LinkedIn Premium Features
Following are some of the most essential LinkedIn premium features that vary depending on the plan:
Career Plan Features
- 3 InMail credits with automatic renewal every month
- See who viewed your profile in the last 90 days
- Over 15000 online learning courses to improve your skills and knowledge
- Featured candidate feature to make your profile shine and get noticed
- More information on the profiles of other applicants to help you weigh your options
- See salary information on job posts
- Access information on employment patterns and a greater understanding of a business or corporation
Business Plan Features
- 15 InMail credits with automatic renewal each month
- Check who visited your profile in the last 90 days
- Over 15000 online learning courses to learn from and boost your skills
- Browse an unlimited number of profiles in search, as well as those recommended by your first, second, and third-degree connections
- Get access to corporate insights to measure growth and build marketing plans
Sales Navigator Professional Plan Features
- 20 InMail credits with a monthly automatic renewal feature
- Get access to information on who has seen your profile in the last 90 days.
- Browse unlimited profiles in searches, as well as those recommended by your first, second, and third-degree connections
- See recommended leads and a more significant number of stored searches that can help you build a sales funnel and generate leads
- Access the lead builder tool and advanced search filters
- See sales insights about your leads
Recruiter Lite Plan Features
- 30 InMail credits that are automatically renewed each month
- Access to information on who has viewed your profile in the last 90 days.
- Browse an unlimited number of profiles in searches, as well as those recommended by your first, second, and third-degree connections
- Advanced search criteria that can assist you in finding and filtering the best applicant for the job
- Advanced applicant management services
- Access insights about candidates through an improved recruiter design
LinkedIn Premium by Industry
Premiums on LinkedIn are divided into levels, each of which caters to a different specialty. The most basic premium account is for job seekers just starting out in their professions. The Recruiter Lite Plan is the most advanced premium option and the most expensive one.
Interestingly enough, there is now a LinkedIn premium for veterans. The network offers US military veterans and service members a free one-year Job Seeker Career premium account.
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth it for Job Seekers?
The premium account allows you to directly communicate with recruiters and check out who has seen your profile in the previous 90 days. This will assist you in connecting and networking with people who are likely to be interested in hiring you. Also, you can compare yourself to other candidates by obtaining applicant information and gaining salary insights.
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth it for Salespeople and Marketers?
The LinkedIn premium for sales is a powerful tool for achieving your sales goals. It allows you to improve your LinkedIn prospecting and lead generation efforts. The InMail credits and extensive search options will enable you to scan profiles, find leads, and nurture a strategic relationship.
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth it for Small Businesses?
A premium LinkedIn account allows you to generate leads, build professional relationships, and network with corporate leaders to grow your small business. Thanks to the advanced search feature, InMail credits and higher exposure make this possible.
Save more time for your business needs by using automation tools, here’s a ranking of the best prospecting tools you can use.
Is LinkedIn Premium Worth it for Students?
The high cost of a LinkedIn premium account may discourage students from upgrading. But did you know that it can assist you in making more connections after graduation, enhancing your chances of being recruited? Plus, you can improve your skills by accessing the online courses available in a Premium account. And fresh graduates can even get noticed by applying for jobs through a premium LinkedIn account.
Why You Don’t Need a LinkedIn Premium?
A LinkedIn Premium account may not be worth it if you haven’t used all of your free LinkedIn account functions or haven’t run into any limitations on the network. As such, you may want to use all the features of your free account until you experience the limits and feel the need to upgrade.
How to Unsubscribe From LinkedIn Premium?
Suppose you have been using LinkedIn premium for a while now but didn’t find it helpful! In that case, you may want to cancel your premium subscription or remove LinkedIn premium from your account. The good news is that it is super easy to unsubscribe from LinkedIn premium.
Here’re the simple steps to cancel your LinkedIn premium package:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and head over to the homepage
- Click the Me symbol
- Select Access My Premium from the dropdown menu
- Select Manage Premium Account from the menu on the right. You’ll be taken to the Premium Subscription Settings.
- To unsubscribe from LinkedIn premium, go to Manage Subscriptions and click Cancel Subscription.
That was super easy, wasn’t it?
Having a premium profile on LinkedIn – the world’s largest professional network- increases your chances of getting a job or finding a lead. LinkedIn Premium unlocks the features, benefits, and opportunities that are not available in the basic version. It helps your profile get more exposure and makes you appear more genuine and reliable to potential employers.
Job seekers can choose a career plan with plenty of features that help them find the right jobs to grow in their careers. Business owners and recruiters can choose a business plan to find the right talent for their company and grow their professional network. But having just a premium LinkedIn profile isn’t enough; one should have an eye-catching profile that catches the attention of employers. Dripify LinkedIn Profile Writing Service is the right tool for you when it comes to making a LinkedIn page that stands out from others. Just fill out the content brief and let Dripify do the rest.